Prizes

If you're already planning a piece of artwork or writing for the CCSF, you can discuss it here, and if you're feeling that creative itch but don't know what to write/paint/draw, you can ask for ideas.

Prizes

Postby NornBreeder » 28 Feb 2018, 16:43

I noticed in the survey that a few people mentioned that offering prizes might entice more participation during the CCSF. I agree, and I would like to offer to 3D print, paint, and ship a handful of creatures related figures. The only catch is I would need someone to create the 3d models, and I would need enough lead time to work on the figures. My wedding will be in October, so assuming the CCSF is in Fall like it usually is, this is going to be a busy time for me.
I love the CCSF and look forward to it each year, I hope 2018 is just as great as past events.
NornBreeder

Re: Prizes

Postby Pilla » 28 Feb 2018, 17:55

Oh wow! That'd be absolutely amazing! :D

Sadly I can't 3D at all, but I hope someone volunteers to make some lovely 3D models that could be used.
I'm definitely interested in donating towards shipping costs. :)

I wonder if painted keychains could be a thing. Or shrink foil keychains, you know, the plastic you draw on, then put in an oven and then it melts and becomes a tiny stiff plastic thingy. :P
Pilla

Postby Amaikokonut » 07 Mar 2018, 21:29

Physical prizes would take some effort to pull off but would really be such a luxury! I know nothing about 3D stuff but you might have some luck altering/posing Bloodsong's Basic Norn (about a third of the way down the page). The licence included doesn't say anything about 3D printing specifically, but it does say "create any image animation and do whatever you want with it" and seems to generally be okay with any usage that doesn't involve charging money. But I'm not a lawyer so don't take my word for it, hah.

Shrinkydink-style keychains would be really neat too! I've seen a lot of people making and swapping those in other communities and it'd be fun to get some Creaturesy ones floating around!
Amaikokonut

Postby PapuBuntu » 28 May 2018, 00:10

I can do the model for 3d print, allready have a norn 3d model (custom breed i'm making for C3/DS)
PapuBuntu

Return to CCSF 2018 Head Start Creative Corner